Saturday, November 29, 2008

UNITED WAY'S NEIGHBOR TO NEIGHBOR RESPONSE



As you may know, I work for United Way, and this is a new campaing we have launched to help those in our community that may be struggling and in need due to the current economic crisis.

United Way of Salt Lake is taking a proactive role in response to the serious challenges presented by the current economic crisis by coordinating donations of cash and products to distribute to our community's frontline nonprofit service providers. These increased resources will not only shore up those families and individuals who are struggling during this difficult time, but also create hope for a brighter future for us all. We are calling on individuals and organizations to get involved to help our neighbors from falling into further crisis.

If anyone is interested in helping or would like to contribute, you can click on the picture above and it will take you to the United Way website, or just let me know and I can direct you where to go. We are trying to reach our goal of 5 million dollars in cash and goods by December 15. You can help by organizing a product drive in your family, church, neighborhood, school, social group, office, etc., or by making a financial contribution. It is so easy to get involved, and the effects will reach more than you will ever know.

In my job, I have seen the effects of this crisis more closely, and it is just heartbreaking. It makes me realize how blessed I am in all aspects of my life!

No comments: